PDA

View Full Version : Snow Tracks Report

Hooter
01-17-2007, 10:18 AM
I can not get on to the Snow Tracks Website today, so I will post a quick report here. We are in the process of stagging our 4 groomers this week. The trails will not officially open until next week, and probably only if we get some more snow. From my travels yesterday, it looks like there is more snow to the north and west of Florence County. Its hit and miss on who's open and who's grooming. Early season riding conditions in the middle of January. Who would have thuought that??

Todd
01-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Hooter,
We're thinking about taking a ride this weekend on the Forest County Trails from our place in Long Lake. Would there be any harm in riding the mile and a half of RR grade in Florence County south to the Forest County line? Todd

Hooter
01-18-2007, 09:41 AM
I will be delivering the Long Lake Groomer today. I am dropping it off in Long Lake and then that crew will move it to its winter home up in Tipler. I can't say what the conditions will be for sure, but my guess is mostly poor with some fair spots. The trails will not be officially open, but you will have no problems with law enforcement riding the grade. We are hoping for a few inches of snow over the weekend so we can officially open all of the trails.

Hooter
01-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Still not able to report on the snowtracks website, but nothing much has changed in Florence County. We got maybe 1/2" of fluffy snow overnight. I drove the groomer to Long Lake and they were going to drive it the rest of the way to Tipler. The only decent spots I came across were wide flat forest roads. Any woods trails (aka 2 tracks) have too many ruts, rocks, and washouts to do anything with. We need a good 4" heavy snow before we can send the groomers out to finish the trails. Even though I was only panning the grade south of Long Lake, I noticed a steady flow of rocks popping up behind the drag. I actually thought it would have been better then it was. I was wrong!!

Hooter
01-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Snowtracks site is back up, so here is the link to my report

http://www.snowtracks.com/wisconsin/florence.htm