Waukesha County Snowmobile Association Waukesha County Snowmobile Association

Thread: Ride Report

Default Ride Report

Finally got in my first ride of the season!!! Very glad for the recent snowfall to get things open. That said, the trails could definitely use more! Plowed fields, in particular, are still quite rough! On the other hand, though thin, wooded trails, meadow trails and swamp trails were pretty smooth and fun - it's gotta be that nice ice base that's built over the past few weeks!

I parked at the Muskego Lakes Country club, off of Loomis Rd., and rode west, out of Muskego via Lake Denoon, crossing into Racince Co. by Tichigan, and continuing generally west towards East Troy. Some trails were groomed (waved to the Icetronauts groomer on my way out), and some were not. The more rural trails further west seemed to have more snow, and were quite fun - particularly ungroomed sections which still rode like mashed potatoes! Overall, I was happy to see a lot of other riders out enjoying this seemingly rare opportunity to ride in SE WI, particularly this "early" in the year!

Name:  2013 opening ride.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  41.3 KB

Hope to get out more tomorrow, as well as this coming weekend!

Blog Entries

Snowmobile Route

Nice Report & Nice Pic!

Skip, glad you got out with the sled this year already. I am counting the days down before it's go time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snohawk View Post
    Skip, glad you got out with the sled this year already. I am counting the days down before it's go time!!!
    Brad, are you heading up north this weekend? I'd been hoping to, but unfortunately, the kid rotation schedules will keep us sleeping at home this weekend. Instead, I'm hoping to do a Saturday ride in Kewaskum with my brother (it's 1/2 way between us) and another Sunday ride close to home with my stepdaughter. She's never been out riding, and really wants to go!

BTW - I did get out again yesterday with my wife for another quick ride. Found some very white trails.
    Name:  IMG_2146.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  52.3 KB

Name:  white trails.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  65.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Skip28 View Post
    Brad, are you heading up north this weekend? I'd been hoping to, but unfortunately, the kid rotation schedules will keep us sleeping at home this weekend. Instead, I'm hoping to do a Saturday ride in Kewaskum with my brother (it's 1/2 way between us) and another Sunday ride close to home with my stepdaughter. She's never been out riding, and really wants to go!
    We are planning on heading up this weekend, sure need a good weekend away from work and home Hope you have a good ride in Kewaskum, there are some nice trails in that area also. Hope that your step daughter has a great time, then you may need to buy two more sleds for the fleet The trails that you took pictures from look very good, wish I had may sled home right now for a quick spin.

Thread Information