Waukesha County Snowmobile Association Waukesha County Snowmobile Association

Thread: Grooming Schedule

Default Grooming Schedule

I was curious - I do a lot of riding locally (as do many I'm sure). This weekend, Waukesha county trails were great - especially going west from Sussex. Took a ride yesterday (Tuesday) and they were still good.

But I live on the Northern border of Waukesha, so I'll go up into Washington county a lot... riding the club trail that follows 164 north of County Q... I can't put into words how bad that trail was yesterday. Back is still feeling it. Then ran into state Trail #7 heading to Holy Hill - and it was terrible also. In finishing my loop, I ended up back in Waukesha County by Ox and Cats bar... where it got better again.

What is the grooming schedule? Clearly Waukesha does a lot better job of grooming than Washington County. Does club trails never get groomed? Or is it like maybe once per week? I've seen the Waukesha groomer out on weeknights, but it doesn't seem like I've ever seen one in Washington country.

I love riding during the week, trying to avoid Sundays as the trails are usually pretty beat up. Is grooming only done once per week, just before the weekend? Is there any website that shows which trails have been groomed and when, so riders can save their backs and ride the ones that are in better shape?

Sorry - a lot of questions - but if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fast_Jim View Post
    This weekend, Waukesha county trails were great - especially going west from Sussex. Took a ride yesterday (Tuesday) and they were still good.

But I live on the Northern border of Waukesha, so I'll go up into Washington county a lot... riding the club trail that follows 164 north of County Q... I can't put into words how bad that trail was yesterday. Back is still feeling it. Then ran into state Trail #7 heading to Holy Hill - and it was terrible also. In finishing my loop, I ended up back in Waukesha County by Ox and Cats bar... where it got better again.

What is the grooming schedule? Clearly Waukesha does a lot better job of grooming than Washington County. Does club trails never get groomed? Or is it like maybe once per week? I've seen the Waukesha groomer out on weeknights, but it doesn't seem like I've ever seen one in Washington country.
    I just asked Waukesha's President and Groomer operator if he knew how Washington groom their trails. The suggestion was to call the Trail hot line for Washington County, 262-334-6061.

Thread Information