Waukesha County Snowmobile Association Waukesha County Snowmobile Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trails Opening Soon? Where is everyone?

You bet on the timing! Looks like you got a bunch up here. Down in Des Moines we got 14 inches and had some awesome riding! Looking forward to riding the trails up here.

I'll send you a PM.

And anyone else who is interested in hooking up to ride, just let me know! Shoot me a message and we can get stuff arranged.

-Erik

Sent a private message back to you. Hope you got it, as I struggle with the private message tool on this site - many of mine seem to disappear after I hit send....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skip28 View Post
    Sent a private message back to you. Hope you got it, as I struggle with the private message tool on this site - many of mine seem to disappear after I hit send....
    I think they're supposed to disappear... from you to them.

There is also a copy saved in your 'Sent Items' folder by default. If it's in there, it got sent.

I had a concern with Mobile Wireless users, and I recently made a change to the "Session IP Octet Length Subnet Mask" to reflect the level of checking to run against IP addresses when a session is being fetched.

I'm not sure if that was the issue or not, but please let me know if your problems persists.

If anybody else is having problems, let me know. That's what I'm here for. I can't fix it, if I don't know it's broke.

Things operate much smoother for me locally, because I don't have to deal with the Cloud.

Jim - I did respond to your private message as well ... we'll see if you get it. Thanks for the concern, by the way. I really do appreciate your constant efforts as Chief Button Pusher for this great site!

Blog Entries

I did get your PM! And I responded. I did make that session subnet mask change, so I'm not sure if that was the problem or not. But please let me know if you (or anyone) has that problem again in the future. Because we can't have that!

Blog Entries

Question IronPort

Skip:

Are/Were you or your ISP using a Web Security Appliance (WSA)?
    Some of your posts IPs trace back to: SCANSAFE - Cisco Systems Ironport Division.

It seems that some of your posts were routed through their system, and that could be where the problem is. It was one of my first thoughts, when I read your original post, that it could be related to a firewall/proxy server.

I did a little research and I found this:
    A client has a problem in that their webhost's Ironport SPAM filter is intermittently killing simple form submissions.
    This would include posts and PMs, and would explain why they were/are just disappearing.

Your last post traced back to a SCANSAFE IronPort IP address as well, yet it made it through.

I did make that change to the session subnet mask, and maybe that will make the difference.

If you have the problem again, let me know.

Jim - all appears to be working just fine on my end, and I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I don't recall ever losing a post on the site. As for PM's - I don't know that I've ever lost any of those either - it's just that I've sent a few to some users that were never responded to, and it just made me wonder. Could be as simple as they just didn't want to respond!

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Skip28
    I've sent a few to some users that were never responded to
    I find that hard to believe! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information