Waukesha County Snowmobile Association Waukesha County Snowmobile Association
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trails Opening Soon? Where is everyone?

Default Trails Opening Soon? Where is everyone?

I've always been surprised that his board doesn't get more attention....It is a great place for area info and conditions.

So, with the snow today, it looks like we will be considerably over the 6" amount needed in Northern Waukesha county (we had about 5 inches on the ground prior to today). Although, admittedly, the snow we've had to date, including today, has been very light - which means it blows off of farm fields, etc.

So I thought I'd check to see if trails may open tomorrow for the weekend? We got to be getting close, I would assume?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Fast_Jim
    I've always been surprised that his board doesn't get more attention....
    Me too!

You want to beat your sled to death on that fluff out there?

If its a beater why not? I'd do it!

Naw, just want to be able to ride a bit.... another poor snow year so far - seems like the good/bad years alternate....

I'm also kinda eager to see if they open some local trails. My recollection is that we had a similar volume of snow last year on Jan. 4th. I got out with my brother for 125 miles, starting in Muskego and doing a SW figure 8 through Waukesha, Racine and Walworth counties. We were not expecting much and were extremely pleased when the conditions were surprisingly good! I've got 8-10"ish in my yard in New Berlin right now, and I thought it had at least a little weight to it. Panned down, it will probably be thin, but hopefully rideable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast_Jim View Post
    I've always been surprised that his board doesn't get more attention....It is a great place for area info and conditions.

So, with the snow today, it looks like we will be considerably over the 6" amount needed in Northern Waukesha county (we had about 5 inches on the ground prior to today). Although, admittedly, the snow we've had to date, including today, has been very light - which means it blows off of farm fields, etc.

So I thought I'd check to see if trails may open tomorrow for the weekend? We got to be getting close, I would assume?
    The trails are still closed for today and tonight . Waukesha groomers are checking with each clubs trails masters to see if they can open the trails up. Possibly on Saturday morning if everything works out

Don't forget to check out the Waukesha County Events Just was updated. A lot of events are coming up this month and next

Red face

Thanks to all whom mark the trials and are now prepping to get out and groom.

I am sure we are all looking forward to getting out soon.

Default Riding Partner

Hey everyone. I'm coming up to Waukesha with my wife for the month of Feburary to work at Waukesha Memorial for medical school. I am bringing my sled (07 Apex) but hate riding alone, plus I have never ridden in Waukesha let alone southern Wisconsin. I am from Des Moines so all my riding has been in Iowa or northern Wi. Anyone looking for a riding partner or will let me tag along with your group? Give me a call or text 515-259-0088

Thanks,

-Erik

Let it snow!

Quote Originally Posted by morter01 View Post
    I'm coming up to Waukesha with my wife for the month of Feburary:
    Well, Erik, you're timing could not have been better with yesterday's huge storm! I'm hoping that this storm (and maybe a few more dustings) will be enough to provide some decent riding opportunities around here for the whole month.

I have no immediate plans - this week and weekend could be tight, but I do hope to get out a few times locally later this month. (Like most folks, I do the vast majority of my riding with friends up north. Drove home through yesterday's storm from 4 days/650 miles this past weekend up NE WI, so I'm a little thin on domestic capital if you know what I mean!) I'm not a local trail expert, but I do have a reasonable handle on the local trails west and south of Muskego, and into Racine and Walworth Counties - pretty fun riding when we have the snow! If and when I do find some bonus local riding time, I'd be interested in reaching out to you, as I also otherwise ride alone (or 2-up with my wife) when riding down here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information